Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Gratitude

Today is my birthday. I am 34 years old today and I am ecstatic. I am an unabashed birthday fanatic! Usually, I make a list of 1000 things that I make Val troll the city in search of. One year it was a silver watch with a blue face, lol. Oh! don't feel sorry for him. We don't exchange gifts on any other holiday, not even our wedding anniversary. We screwed that up on the first pass by completely forgetting and spending the day watching Scarface. Totally romantic, I know. Don't be jealous. 

Anyway, there is no list this year. I am simply grateful to be here.

Thanks Mom!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I think the gratitude you show for your presence is the best gift of all! Love the picture...and the story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story behind the picture is love, patience and determination. Two little fur seals, one not too much bigger than the other, have managed to evade sharks, BIG sharks, rocky seas and sometimes other fur seals, but we are still flip-flopping around, and still not too much bigger or older than the other.

    Grateful to have you here.
    Nappi

    ReplyDelete